PREPARATION: 10 MIN
COOKING: 15 MIN
READY IN: 25 MIN
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp powdered or finely ground Sichuan peppercorns
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 150g minced pork
- 2 tbsp blacken sauce
- 3 tbsp SUNGHUE chilli sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 300g silken tofu cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 tsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp water
- 2 silk spring onions chopped for garnish
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil on medium heat. Add the Sichuan peppercorns and stir for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add in the ginger and garlic and stir-fry for a further minute. Before adding the ground pork, turn the heat to high. Using a spatula, break up the meat and fry until brown and cooked through.
- Add the blackbean and SUNGHUE chilli sauce to the mixture and stir through. Add the water and chicken stock powder, stir and allow to simmer for about one minute. Add the cornstarch mixture to mince sauce and stir. Allow the sauce a minute to thicken and add a little more water if required.
- Gently place the tofu into the sauce and allow it to simmer in the sauce for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Garnish with spring onions and serve immediately with rice or crusty bread.
Cook along with us!
Loved the recipe?
Download the recipe so you have it on hand for next time!